Group Work Days /
Take ownership of your favorite public lands by holding a trail work day with your organization or business!
Citizen involvement is needed to help maintain, enhance and preserve the more than 1,000 miles of trails located in our regional community of Rifle to Aspen. With RFOV, groups such as clubs, schools, and businesses engage in volunteer service projects that tackle smaller projects on specific trails, parks, or river-front parcels. We provide the technical assistance, tools, and logistical support to help your group plan and accomplish each successful trail work day. You provide the volunteers and sponsorship. Groups can get involved for a full or half-day project or commit to adopt an area and perform small projects a 2-3 times a year!
Recruit a small group of people (minimum 8-10 customers / members / staff) to perform maintenance work for a half or full day on a specific trail.
Manage and organize your events by promoting / recruiting and rewarding your volunteers with a lunch or dinner at the end of the day as a way of thanking them for their hard work and commitment. You may also want to reward them with a special tee shirt, hat, etc., such as ‘Pomeroy Sports Trail Crew’.
Your Organization’s Benefits
- Tremendous satisfaction in helping to preserve our public lands and recreational opportunities;
- A team of people brought together by, and identifying with, your organization;
- A demonstration of your group’s commitment to the stewardship of our public lands;
- A sign at the trailhead identifying your group as the maintainer of the trail (Adopt-A-Trail Program).
RFOV Program Assistance
Roaring Fork Outdoor Volunteers will work with your group to facilitate the organization of your program in several ways:
- Coordinate your activities with the appropriate land management agency and other groups;
- Lend tools;
- Train your group leaders (and provide supervision and leadership while you work);
- Provide a model and consulting to organize your program;
- Work to publicize your efforts.
To schedule a work day for your organization, business, school or other group, contact RFOV at email@example.com or 970.927.8241.